Admin policy for Citizens for Bengaluru Telegram Group
Now that we are growing in numbers and becoming strong, it’s high time we have some admin policies in place. So here we go.
Note: Any comments on this please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org only, not on the group chat.
“Citizens for Bengaluru (CfB) is a citizens group against the steel flyover and for suburban trains in Bengaluru” ***
1. The topic of discussion on Telegram group should always be about the one discussed in the previous volunteers meeting.
For ex: Strategizing “Ward outreach”, College surveys etc.
2. Important news and concerns related to the topic/campaign discussed in a meeting should be first posted on FB or emailed to email@example.com, the admin will broadcast based on the relevance.
For ex: Developments about sub-urban rail, Steel Flyover Hearing etc.
3. New initiatives/concerns of volunteers should be either discussed in the next volunteers meet or has to be brought to Admin’s notice if there’s a need for immediate attention by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A strict no for open forum discussion.
4. There needs to be a strict no-no around abusive, vulgar, offensive, discriminatory and divisive posts. Such posts and the person will be removed from the group. In some instances, these may be somewhat subjective but admins’ decision will be final. Something around giving warnings for irrelevant posts and repeated actions will cause removal.
5. The messages/media will be cleared periodically by Admins which will clear messages from the server itself; however members can clear cache locally for their phone using the instructions below:
*** This will evolve as time goes along and expand our scope.