Citizens for Bengaluru is a grassroots people’s movement that came together to stop the VIP steel flyover and promote public transport as the alternative to address two of our biggest problems: traffic and pollution. We believe in ground action to make public opinion heard and organized the following:
- Oct 16th 2016 Human Chain #SteelFlyoverBeda
- Oct 20th-23rd 2016 Beda Ballot 42000 votes
- Oct 23rd 2016 Public consultation with experts
- Nov 6th 2016 Satyagraha #TenderCancelMaadi
- Nov 20th 2016 Nama Gaagi Ulisi Art & Music
- Dec 17th 2016 ChukuBukuBeku Rail yatra
- Jan 1-16 2017 Signature campaign, Corporator outreach, Sankranti Sante;
- Jan 16th 2017 MoU signed for suburban train between Ministry of Railways and Govt of Karnataka . CfB submits petition to Suresh Prabhu. CM acknowledges and meets with CfB at the city station.
- Feb 7th 2017 : CfB launches bus passenger survey at Shivaji Nagar bus station
- Feb 11th 2017: More than 1000 thousand people join human chain to save the 112 trees on Jayamahal road
- Feb 15th 2017, Karnataka State Cabinet approves suburban train project estimated at Rs 10,929 crores to be implemented in 2 phases.
Citizens for Bengaluru (CfB) is a voluntary movement of, by, and for the people of Bengaluru. The movement is focused on improving the quality of life, for all, in the city.
Many infrastructure and public projects in the city are inadequately reviewed at the concept stage, poorly thought-out, planned and implemented, sometimes in haste. The outcome is that they end up not meeting their intended objectives, often worsen the original problem or create new ones in their place.
CfB believes this can be addressed by following due process, actively involving the public and consulting and leveraging the vast professional and living experience of the city’s citizenry.
The Silent Majority and the Fifth Pillar of Democracy
We represent the people of the city, and wish to be informed and heard on issues and projects that impact Bengaluru. CfB will be alert, active, engaged and vigilant, at all times, towards these ends.
We are an inclusive, volunteer run movement, open to anyone who shares our vision of a better Bengaluru and who may have the inclination and time to contribute to our campaigns and activities.
We invite you to join us today!